Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sitcoms up the Wazoo

Day 2:
Well I guess technically this is an extension of day 1 because its hasn't passed midnight yet, so anyways, I finished my script in time for class and surprisingly it was well received by many people there, the script was a scene from the tv show '30 Rock' and it turned out okay.
More on my other projects, after meeting with my sitcom partner we discussed goals and time-lines for the sitcom and we will have the first draft of all 10 episodes done by the end of may, so that gives us 1 month to write another 100 pages, we have the overall story mapped out so I think we can knock it out pretty quick once we sit down and start on them, I'm really excited for the show to get going, after may we begin casting, finding locations and preparing to actually film the show. So I'll keep posting as things progress.
My gangster film is a tough topic to handle right now, I have a lot of research to do so I can write it more realistically and the time it takes to do that is going to push the shooting back, I may not be able to shoot until september or october, hopefully sooner but I don't know. With that story I am really hoping the story and the visual style I'm going for make it interesting for people to watch. its' going to live action actors in a pencil-sketch world. it should look pretty cool when I'm done with it. I hope.
Classes are going well, I was having some issues with one class. things weren't working out with my actors and such but tonight I got it all fixed so no more worries I just have to stay on top of things and I'll have no problems getting a good grade. The job search continues, but with the economy in its current state and the population of Los Angeles it is difficult, not impossible, just difficult, but I feel confident that I will find something soon, and when I do it will take prescedence over my projects because I can't make the projects without some money for them.
Well thats all for today, I hope to keep daily updates on here and I hope they will be interesting to everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are incredibly busy!We are busy as always, fishing season is coming up, school is getting out, so back to welding for the summer. Remember we love you and support your efforts! Brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that's you behind the camera... you do know long hair is not a prerequisite for the film world don't you?
    As for researching gangsters for your movie. Please be careful around anyone with a name like Vinny the Arm. Watch Mickey Blue Eyes, Breakfast at Tiffany's and that other really funny on (where the vet assistant pretends to be FBI to find out what they have on the Family) Be aware of the dangers man!

    ReplyDelete